Maintain Your Dog Park in a Few Easy Steps
Dog parks are a lot of fun and provide a much-needed outlet for pets to play and socialize.
Keep yours well maintained and reduce repair costs over the lifetime of the park and make your park visitors feel safe and comfortable.
- Landscaping - All plants in and around the dog park should be inspected to ensure they are not hazardous to pets. Perform regular inspections of the grass and re-seed and fill holes as needed. Urine stained grass and holes from dogs digging are a common occurrence and can create an unsightly mess. Artificial turf is recommended as the best option for ground cover as it’s both low maintenance and resistant to urine stains and digging.
- Equipment repairs- Perform regular inspections to the products and equipment in your dog park. Look at dog ramps, toys, and any other objects dogs may jump or climb on. The equipment should be properly secured to the ground, and ensure there are no loose bolts, nails, or sharp objects.
- Waste disposal and sanitation- Establish a regular schedule for emptying the pet waste stations and refilling the bags. Keep an ample supply of bags stocked so visitors can always pick up after their dogs. Dispose of any waste found in the park area, as well as dog toys left behind.
- General cleaning- Excessive dog poop and urine can lead to an environment pet owners find unsanitary. Make a point to regularly spray down all surfaces such as park benches, trash receptacles, and other equipment in the park using pet-safe cleaning products.
- Gates and Fences- Make sure the latches on your gates work properly to prevent dogs from escaping. Also, inspect your fence for areas where dogs may have dug holes and fill where needed.
- Dog Park Bundles - Metal - Deluxe
Save $369 instantly!As low as $1,199.00 each
- Superior Metal Pet Waste Eliminator Station
Best selling Disposal System!As low as $149.00 each
- 10 Gallon Steel Trash Receptacle
Available in Green or Black.As low as $115.00 each
- Pet Waste Eliminator Bags on Rolls
Partially made with Recycled MaterialsAs Low As $0.02 each As low as $0.02 each