Swimming Pool Safety Tips
Pool season is in full swing, so take these steps to keep your park visitors safe this summer:
- Remove toys and floats from the pool immediately after use; they can attract children.
- Always assign a designated watcher for children in and around the pool.
- Make sure there is a self-closing gate around your pool, and always keep it maintained.
- Gates and fences around the pool area should be at least 4 feet high.
- All pools should have regulation drain covers; discuss local regulations with your pool maintenance provider.
- Keep a fully stocked first aid kit and rescue equipment near your pool area.
- Never swim alone.
- Learn to perform CPR on both adults and children.
- Post pool signs in prominent locations and make sure they are easily seen and read.
- Inspect pool areas for slipping hazards and install safety tape as a precaution.